I wrote an extended enthusiastic blog post about this book, but in the end there were too many things I wanted to say and I couldn’t get my thoughts cohesive enough since I’m still processing all of the information.
The book is called “The Defining Decade, Why Your Twenties Matter – And How To Make The Most Of Them Now” by Meg Jay.
Read this book if:
- You’re in your twenties, whether 21 or 29
- Feel anxiety about committing to a path in life
- You classify yourself as “funemployed” but the fun is nowhere to be found
- You’re underemployed / working a job that you’re overqualified for
- You feel like there are things you “should” be doing, but aren’t
- You feel like you’re doing things because you “should”, but aren’t happy with them
- You want to gain insight on what life is like for young people in their twenties today
- You feel no sense of direction
- You don’t know where to start
The author has also done a similar TedTalk, so check that out if it interests you.
I’m coming back to you soon with a lighter post next time!